Monday, November 1, 2010

Murder on Halloween...

Does this suit the theme of that day or what!

Last Sunday,on All Hallows Eve, a teenager was murdered by a group of boys, in Downtown East. Darren Ng was from Republic Polytechnic, and was attacked due a a pity 'staring incident'. He was hacked at with a chopper and coudn't make it to safety in time. I pray that the his soul finds peace in the other world.

As to what I think about this incident, all I can think of right now, is how stupid we teenagers can be. Being a teenager myself, I do know how violent and dumb our actions can be before we attempt to think about its consequences. Staring, speaking, even coughing, nowadays could mean that you are ' gona' be in deep trouble. All these gangs, 'brotherhoods' etc are all just a way for us to express and be ourselves outside of home. Isn't that what school is for???

We have our school to be our self, and to make friends for life, friends who won't bail on us in times of trouble. So, I hope we can see the cons of being in a gang/ group, as the pros certainly are not worth it. Take it from someone who knows someone who was in a gang once. Thanks peeepz:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment